Front Desk Associate
Bardstown Motor Lodge is hiring for a Front Desk Associate
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for the delivery of exceptional guest experiences and maintaining the hotel's public presence in the unique travel and leisure community of the region. The front desk is responsible for assisting guests arriving and departing from the hotel while also providing positive guest experiences they will never forget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Common Bond Hotels' sister properties and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using Hotels' PMS.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for guests.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and college degree preferred.
- Stay n' Touch PMS Experience preferred.
- Guest Relations experience preferred.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You're a people person at heart and enjoy collaborating with other creatives to meet our collective goals and thrive in the market.
- You're energized by fast-paced environments and lofty goals.
- You're fun.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency in a fast-paced environment.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance-driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Our Company: Weyland Ventures, Weyland Ventures Hospitality, Common Bond Hotel Collection.
Weyland Ventures is a multi-disciplinary real estate development firm known for creating unique mixed-use properties in urban areas across the nation. Considered experts in the use of historic tax credits, new market credits, and other layered financing methods, the company is able to tackle tough projects that typically wouldn't be considered viable to other firms. Our projects incorporate residential, commercial, retail, and entertainment venues that often create new and vibrant neighborhoods while preserving the community's unique heritage.
Are you ready to join our team?
If you feel that you would be right for our company, please fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you.